Remember This?

Be Unique Linocut Relief Print
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hi there! How are you doing? Remember this project? It originated as a sketchbook painting meandering into a lino print project.


Here's a shot of the painting progress on Instagram.

SKETCH PAINT PRINT...STITCH


Since we're spending so much time around the house these days, I've jumped onto embroidery bandwagon. Being a novice, I checked out a couple of books from the library and YouTubed a little. My first project was a freebie download. Bitten by the embroidery bug, I quickly decided from that point on I'd work from my original drawings.

I'm working with the materials I have on hand. Embarrassingly, I will say that said materials stash is fairly extensive given the fact that I've been a maker for more years than I'd care to admit. I dug out my DMC embroidery thread, a hoop, some recycled linen and to make it a bit more sturdy I backed it with felt.

This is how it went...










Finished! I was so thrilled. Now to be honest, I have no idea what do do with it. Any suggestions? And I ask kindly - only nice words. No vulgar suggestions of what I can do with it? Kay?

I hope you're having a peaceful day. 



Comments

Popular Posts