Painting Small



Happy Friday! Got any plans? I'm looking forward to a weekend with my sweetie after having him gone for most of the week. Friday night pizza. (Yes. I know it's Cinco de Mayo. Pizza night is non-negotiable) Catch up on Blacklist. Definitely a glass of wine (Maybe a margarita instead to celebrate CdM? And does margarita pizza count?). Oh, and walk the pup.

So, the week...

After stumbling onto her blog, I've been reading this fantastic little book about daily painting by Carol Marine. Inspiring work and great tips for not only painting daily, but composition, color theory, and lots more. I highly recommend it.

Art-wise, it was a productive week. In addition to reading Carol's book, I worked on quick sketches (see below) and planned more extensive paintings (see above!). I must admit that I've been freaking intimidated by the thought of painting anything other than watercolor. It's been, like, forever. Years. But I am SO happy with the end result.

Pre painting, I decided that to be legit with this whole painting thing, I needed to set up my own still life. (See below)


What. A. Blast. Remember this tutorial I did for photographing wares? I used the canvas backdrop I had from that and searched the house for interesting found objects. No joke, I’ve got LOTS of interesting found objects. Now I find myself looking at everything in an entirely new light. Anyway. That’s my photo for the painting. 🙂




Did I say that the teapot is vintage? Belonged to my husband’s grandmother, cracks and all. Not the grandmother. The teapot. It took a bit of nudging to add the original painting to the shop, but I did since I’ve made the decision to (attempt to) sell all paintings from this project. Gah.

Alrighty then. Thanks for the visit and I hope you have a beautiful weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts