Sketch.Paint.Print. - Print No.5

Sketch.Paint.Print. No.5

Hiya and Happy New Year! I took an extra long break from mid December until last week and am ready to get back to "normal" life. On a personal note, my surgery went very well and now the waiting happens. With any luck, the surgery will have nudged the second phase of this disease to begin and I'll no longer look like a one-eyed pirate. (ARRRRG)

I've decided to continue the Sketch.Paint.Print. creative project with a tweak. Sketching and then printing and THEN painting the exact same thing? Yeah, not my cup of tea. Short attention span and all that aside, I've decided that it will be one or more of the three. As you can see, this week it's print. More antique scissors to be precise - adore the little buggers.

Sketch.Paint.Print. No.5

I recently purchased this book (which I HIGHLY recommend) and used her technique for layering colors. In the past I've done it this way and this way - very similar. But I love how she uses the overlay and a base "jig" - seriously, get the book.

Sketch.Paint.Print. No.5

Sketch.Paint.Print. No.5

Sketch.Paint.Print. No.5
(more) Antique Scissors with Gold Background

To see more printing and sketching and painting:

Comments

  1. Lori, this is absolutely magnificent!
    SO love this one.
    Happy New Year to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. I love it, too. Makes me want to go back to the other scissor prints and make backgrounds for them as well. Hm....

      Delete
  2. Love that print and those antique scissors! So glad your surgery went well!Praying that your road to recovery is a successful and speedy one! Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that technique. I finally bought the tools and plain sheets to make my own stamps. Excited to get started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I'd love to see what you do with your new supplies! Enjoy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts