52 Weeks of Print: 51/52 Botanical

52 Weeks of Print: 51/52 Botanical

What with the addition of Lucy, sewing time is absolutely not happening until she reaches the point of complete disinterest in scraps of fabric, leather and the various art supplies which litter my studio. I am wondering when (or if) that milestone will ever be reached.

Luckily, I can do other things. Like sketching and carving. And I CANNOT BELIEVE this is week 51 - one more week people! I do not want to stop this series so my little brain is scrambling frantically for something new but still relief print related. Any suggestions?

On to week 52...

52 Weeks of Print: 51/52 Botanical

52 Weeks of Print: 51/52 Botanical

I am more and more fascinated with the effects achieved by changing the width of a carved line. Maybe I'm not too bright but it's like trying to solve a puzzle. The bottom leaf is an example.

Additionally, I love the way the leaves looked convex on the front side and concave on the back. Of the top three leaves in this carving, the middle one is the backside of a leaf.

Oddly enough when thinking of things like this, the prettiness of the end result isn't as important as solving the puzzle - which is what makes it so darn addictive! I still have so much to learn. So much.

52 Weeks of Print: 51/52 Botanical

So, here we are at week 51 of 52 Weeks of Print.
Cinnamomum Camphora (try to pronounce that one!)

You can also follow along on Instagram and/or Pinterest.


Comments

  1. It's so hard to believe that it's been almost a year, Lori!
    Love this one, and I do see what you mean about changing the width of the line.
    I really like the effect.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this botanical print of yours, L.ori, and the contrast of the two ink colors. Striking result !
    Have a beautiful weekend ahead !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts