Lately (New Bags, Site, Locale and Balance )

Lately (Bags, Site, Locale & Balance)
This was us last week. Last week was stressful and this was our cure. Well, that and a cold beer. We had a death of someone in the family who was way too young to pass. Death is always sad but when it comes too early it's just downright tragic. (I'm not asking for sympathy. Sympathy goes to his parents.)

New 2016 Backpack

I have been planning and prototyping a new bag. (yes, I will also be making more bomber bags and the like) I've been playing around with the idea of a lightweight daypack. This first one (shown above) was made simply using fabric and nylon - you would be amazed how lightweight this puppy is.

New 2016 Backpack

This second one (more of what I'm envisioning) is a mix of fabric and recycled leather - a little more put together but functional, lightweight and cute just the same. I love these. They (and other goodies large and small) will begin to pop into the shop soon.

New 2016 Backpack

What else lately? I'm trying to weave together my website a little more with this blog which I still love too much to leave completely. I cleaned up my 52 Weeks of Print page, linking it back here to the blog. Confusing? More tedious for me but, hopefully, not confusing at all in the end. (Let me know if you have any issues)

Locale and Balance. Jeff and I seem to be spending more and more time in the mountains these days and I'm trying to find a balance of art and carving (and some sewing?) in the mountains (where I don't have a full on studio) with a larger focus on sewing in Atlanta (where I do have a full on studio) and a little art and carving as well. Confusing? Me, too.

How do you balance it all?


Comments

  1. Love these bags, Lori, especially the second one.
    I can only speak for myself, but I don't think I ever completely balance everything.

    Fortunately, I will tire of some things after a while, and move on to something else, always to go back when I want to begin again. It just seems to work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I like your way of balancing! :)

      Delete
  2. Well, my sincere condolences to all the family....

    Love the bags...love everything you do! Finding balance is always tough....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patti. Finding balance sure is tough but I'm beginning to think that I've (finally) (maybe) got it figured out.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful bags! One way to balance is to have TWO complete studios :-) I've been taking a class leaning to make beads that look like they've been painted with water colors - which always makes me think of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elisabeth. You are the sweetest. And I like your thought! Except my second studio for art is at a kitchen table - but it works for now!

      Delete
  4. I really like your second lightweight daypack. I'm not sure balance happens for long as life seems to constantly change any constants requiring a new balance to be found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, sister! Life has a way of constantly throwing us off, doesn't it? But then again, I suppose that's what makes it so interesting. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts