My Sketchbook: Butterflies & Bees in Watercolor (and a Don't Miss Link)

Sketchbook: Butterflies & Bees
(Image via Instagram)

To prevent any further eye rolling, allow me to begin by saying that from this point on, I will NOT apologize for my preoccupation with insects and flying things. I'm just going with it. 

So, this week the hubs and I are enjoying the views of the lovely Blue Ridge Mountains. What with the icy weather, I spent the early part of the week attached to the above table and my sketchbook, pens, paints, linoleum, carving tools, this magazine and whatever else creative that I could get my grubby little hands around.

Sketchbook: Butterflies & Bees

Sketchbook: Butterflies & Bees

Sketchbook: Butterflies & Bees
I have now moved on to carving these beauties. More on that next week.

Did you know that you can find a vast wealth of images from this generous source? Holy crimini mushrooms! I've been in heaven with all the lovely images of crawling and flying things. Have you visited  the New York Public Library Digital Collection? Have you?

Have a great weekend, folks. We'll be thrifting and bon firing around these parts. How about you?


Comments

  1. Definitely no apology needed, Lori.
    These are just beautiful.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just gorgeous! I am so jealous of your talent from a person who does a fair stick person. Have always wished I could do something like this in a sketchbook. I am very impressed

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts