52 Weeks of Print: 35/52

52 Weeks of Print: 35/52

I'm beginning to obsess a little over this printmaking. As in I really want to make it look a little more professional. Took 35 weeks, but hey.

52 Weeks of Print: 35/52

After a lightbulb moment, I dug out my large, artist's desk magnifying glass to combat the eye strain I've had for the previous 34 carvings. THAT made a difference.

Then I went out and purchased actual printmaking paper - it does seem to make a difference in the quality. Any printmakers out there want to recommend a good, yet affordable paper? I'd be much obliged. 

52 Weeks of Print: 35/52

52 Weeks of Print: 35/52

In hindsight, I wish that I'd carved a little frame similar to last week's carving.
You can see it on the previous page in my little booklet. Next time.

52 Weeks of Print: 35/52

Week 35 of 52

To see weeks 1-34, just click here or head over to my Pinterest board.


Comments

  1. Beautiful work Lori! You have come a long way with your printmaking - although I love your earlier efforts too - all very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. Some of my favorites are the early ones, too.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous... I love you work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this needs to be Chrismtas cards, Lori !!! It's so beautiful !
    I'm really really admirative, you are so skilled. Maybe it will motivate me to grab the carving tools again.
    Have a great week ! ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sonia, thank you so much! I was actually thinking "maybe" Christmas card when I did it. I just have to make a separate stamp for red berries!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts