Hollyhock and Good Reads

Sketchbook: Hollyhock

I don't know what it is with pink florals lately. Maybe I'm inspired by thoughts of the fleeting summer???

Nah. I yearn for fall. Fall is my season. We'll just say that this sketch and the one prior are strange anomalies. In all honesty...

Sketchbook: Hollyhock

I did enjoy playing around with loose sketches and renderings - something I've struggled with all along. Realism comes naturally to me and I so admire folks who don't struggle with every little detail.

I digress...

Sketchbook: Hollyhock

The hollyhock.

Now for the reads! Two things. I just finished this little gem...

Reading

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. Truly, this was a wonderful, quick read. It was funny and heartwarming. Have you read it?

And I picked up these...

Reading

...at Goodwill for a grand total of $6! Looking forward to reading all three. 

I've read What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty and enjoyed it. Thinking I'll enjoy The Husband's Secret even more. 

Where'd You Go, Bernadette seems to creep up here and there and has me very curious. The reviews also seem to be good for this one. 

The wildcard is The Vacationers - mixed reviews but, hey, for $2 I'm up to the challenge.

Read any of these? Care to recommend any faves of late? I'd love to hear from you.

Oh, and Happy September! 


Comments

  1. I have to say, I am such a fan of summer and unlike you, I don't care for fall. I mean, sure, everything's pretty as it changes colors, but everything dies. Everything gets colder. School starts. Snow is on the way. For me, it's not fun, but I so love these floral ideas! I'm looking forward to your next blog! Hope you can visit mine sometime!
    http://godinmovies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm...do you live more north than Atlanta? That's probably enough of a reason to dislike the end of summer. In Atlanta we do get days of unbearable cold but mostly it's manageable. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the hollyhocks! My dad used to grow them. Actually he brought the seeds home from the oil fields in the Middle East and grew them for several years thereafter! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts