My Sketchbook: Bugs and Fog

My Sketchbook: Buggy

With spring comes the desire for outdoor living. Tradeoff, I suppose, is that we must co-exist with crawling and flying and creeping creatures - my possible inspiration for this entry. Or maybe it was the lovely bug photo I found, ripped from a magazine and stuffed into my inspiration file. (pre Pinterest)

My Sketchbook: Buggy
Progress pic from my Instagram feed.

My Sketchbook: Buggy

My Sketchbook: Buggy

My Sketchbook: Buggy

That's the buggy part of the story. 

Remember how I've been excessively tired lately? I finally came to the realization that tired isn't as much of an issue as brain fog. (which totally explains why it took me so long to come to this conclusion) 

Things are getting better...inch by inch. I can feel it.

One Year Ago
Two Years Ago

Comments

  1. Those wings are gorgeous! I love the little details. Watercolor is such a fun medium!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And I concur - watercolor (and gouache) are the bomb.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic rendition of this beautiful bug, Lori. Those wings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I had trouble refraining from making the wings realistic. In the end, I decided to suggest all the detail and add a little.

      Delete
  3. What a jewel your painting is ! So beautiful, Lori !
    Glad to hear that you feel things are going better. Keeping you in my thoughts.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ability to create such fabulou Art...whether bags, sketches, water colors...always amazes me!

    So glad you are on the mend...I hav missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts