Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures (A Tiny Tutorial)

Simple Planner Tutorial
Fact: I live by this utilitarian planner.
Fact: I've learned a lesson. Don't procrastinate. 

Sadly, said planner has been ordered since mid December and it may not come until mid February. Apparently my favorite planner is everyone else's favorite planner. And they don't procrastinate. Clearly, I had to take measures into my own hands.

A Simple Planner DIY
(feebly copycatting favorite features of my regular planner)

You'll need:
8.5 x 11 Kraft Paper
Several sheets of 8.5 x 11 copy paper
Awl or nail
Waxed linen or twine
Double sided tape
Printer

Simple Planner Tutorial
1) With the kraft paper on the outside, fold the paper in half.
2) Poke 6 holes in the middle as shown (2 top, 2 middle, 2 bottom)

Simple Planner Tutorial
3) Thread linen through each set of holes, inside to outside. Knot then trim.

Simple Planner Tutorial
4) If desired, print a full month blank calendar, fold in half.
5) Tape inside the first page so that it can be unfolded.
(I used this calendar source)

Simple Planner Tutorial
6) Print a weekly blank planner. (I used this source)
7) Tape to the left side of the following page, leaving the right side for notes.
Continue doing this to complete a month (or whatever your prefer)

Simple Planner Tutorial
8) I taped an envelope to the inside back for additional notes, receipts, etc.

DIY Simple Weekly Planner
There you have it! My simple, "Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures" weekly planner.
I no longer run amok.

How do you manage life? Are you as dependent as I am?
If so, what's your favorite planner?

Comments

  1. This turned out great, Lori, and I actually think I would like it better than a purchased one.
    I hope you had a wonderful holiday season, and I wish you a bright and beautiful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I am very tempted to cancel my order and work with this. I could learn a little more about book binding and create a quarterly planner if I'm feeling extra ambitious. :)

      Delete
  2. I love that simple planner, looks great. I didn't used to have a diary until I started my degree, then I found that I was so busy and I had so many deadlines (plus the addition of a Nephew and Niece, more birthdays to remember), that I really found it useful. I opted for a refillable one, which has butterflies on the covers, so I just buy the inserts every year. I've had it for about 5 years now and I don't think I could do without it, I would be reeking havoc otherwise ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I love your version too! Also-thanks for introducing me to "Scattered Squirrel." I live by my planner too but it is an odd calendar mash-up which I have on a clip board. I have my daily sheet printed from Microsoft Office. Behind that is a week view, also printed from Microsoft Office. Then I have three monthly sheets printed from my iMAC calendar. Behind that is a 12-month view and behind that is a list of birthdays for the whole year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts