My Sketchbook: Art on the Road

My Sketchbook: Art on the Road

Hey guys! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. After a long weekend, we (and the other 75% of the U.S. population) hit the road for home. I brought along my art journal/sketchbook and decided to play around with something I began last week. Here's a peek at the initial watercolor sketch.

Have to say, once I got past the fear of untidy letters and scattered marks (due to traveling at a speed of 75+ m.p.h), I kind of embraced the fact that this work didn't have to be perfect - or even close.

After inking the flowers, I felt it needed more. So, I pulled up my quotes board on Pinterest and began writing - no pencil, just writing. Pretty sure this whole messy thing will be my new "art on the road" travel passion. 

Want to play I Spy? See if you can find the quotes in this painting...

Quote shown above:

My Sketchbook: Materials Used

My Sketchbook: Creative Minds are Rarely Tidy
And then I rewrote "rarely" to stress the rarely part.

My Sketchbook: I Have Absolutely No Desire to Fit In

My Sketchbook: She Believed She Could and She Did

My Sketchbook: Art on the Road
Pretty sure I have more quotes tucked into this baby, but that's probably more than you want to see.

Are you a road trip artist?

Materials used:



Comments

  1. Oh those flowers look so summery ... I can't believe you did all this in a car !!! You are particularly gifted ! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, and a bright and beautiful New Year, Lori.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts