Making It Work...

Wanting More and Making it Work

Hi all! I've been dragging my feet lately (a year or so?) and trying to focus but not. I design bags and make art - yep. The truth is that in order to do well, each needs my full attention and that's kind of impossible. Something always gets the short end.

Hubby (the organizer in the family) had been preaching an idea which, quite frankly I kept poo pooing. Fast forward to September and I've settled on a plan to make my work life work - thanks to the fact that I finally listened to said hubby. 

This post is for my readers and customers who, whether you follow me for the bags or the art, will see a little change here at the blog and in my shop.  

The Plan

The Skinny on Bags & Accessories

I adore making bags and miss it. So, my focus from early fall through December will be on designing bags and accessories. I will be giving previews and shop updates here, on Facebook and Instagram each week. 

But wait! What about...

Art & Print

What about art and print? I will work on art and print as I can during off hours - namely nights and weekends. (Hey, a girl's gotta draw and carve. She just does.) I will also be documenting anything new here, on Facebook and Instagram. However, my focus on art will occur from January through summer-ish. Bags will then take a back seat until fall.

So, there ya go. I've been afraid to divide my work life down such a hard plan and don't know if it'll work - business-wise and customer-wise. But here tis and we will see how things come together.

So, let's talk bags...

I've got lots of drawings and yummy leather lined up. Plans for new bags, totes, artist's pouches, camera straps AND other artist's accessories.

I'm just a little excited about this.

How about you? Do you have a plan?


Comments

  1. Hi Lori. I always have a plan, but lately my plans seem to be changed at the last minute. So I think any plans should be flexible or there should be a backup plan. Big Smiles for your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Mergie. Plans aren't etched in stone. My plan 'b' is always to go with the flow. :)

      Delete
  2. Good morning Lori!! It's definitely hard to balance things sometimes, that's for certain. I always try to go with the flow, though that's sometimes easier said than done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to come over and see what creative things you've been up to... you are such an inspiration! Organization... you are clever and organized .. I truly am a fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I give credit to Hubby - a marketing guy who lives by a schedule. If it weren't for him, I'd be chasing my tail out in a field somewhere!

      Delete
  4. It's always good to have a plan and feeling the motivation. :) Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good plan Lori, one which combines your husband's wisdom and your passions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta have a little of both to survive - which is, I suppose, why opposites attract.

      Delete
  6. I've totally rearranged my life lately (for a lot of reasons) and art (specifically drawing and painting) is on my list of things to get into a new rhythm with. (PS Your pictures are fabulous!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, this sounds very much like what I have been considering, and you have inspired me to put it into effect. it really has become increasingly difficult to do all that I like to do, and to do it well. Then, I blame myself, and it's really just that I am trying to do too many things at once, and in too little time.

    I so love your prints, but I also look forward to the return of your beautiful handbags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori - this post couldn't have been better timed for me - my husband had a talk with me about what I should do with Beads for Busy Gals, over a lovely dinner and adult beverages :-) I even quoted your blog post to him as we hashed out our/my plan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori, I am so glad I read this post! There are a few different things I believe I just can't live without doing... but I can never seem to do any of them as a business, at least as seriously as I'd like. However, your (or your husband's) idea of splitting up the year for different aspects of your business is genius! I am going to take pencil to paper this week and see what I can come up with. You may have just solved my problem! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts