52 Weeks of Print: 20/52

52 Weeks of Print: 20/52

I've found a happy place in sketching plants. Not sure how long this ride will last.
But I'm loving the process and the outcome, so on I go.

52 Weeks of Print: 20/52

This is a sketch of Valerian. And beside the original image,
"...a relaxing tonic at bedtime."

52 Weeks of Print: 20/52

Then I decided to add it's name. I've carved words before and, let me tell you, it's not that easy to carve using a soft surface. One nick and it's goodbye work. This word wasn't a make or break piece so I went for it and no nicks. Whew.

52 Weeks of Print: 20/52

52 Weeks of Print: 20/52

52 Weeks of Print: 20/52

52 Weeks of Print
20/52
 "Valerian"

Click here to see weeks 1-19 and/or follow along on my 52 Weeks Pinterest Board.


Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, I love this one, Lori!!
    It looks especially wonderful on the muslin.
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I think it's my favorite so far. But I'm pretty sure I've said that. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm Loving it L. :)

    I can't imagine carving and writing backwards, I have enough trouble going in the right direction, lol :)

    Hope you are having a wonderful Monday, cheers, T.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Teresa, nor could I! I draw my work onto tracing paper with a pencil then turn it over onto the carving block, rub it lightly to transfer the design and that makes it backward. Then I just carve. Makes my brain handle the situation a lot better than the alternative.

      Delete
  3. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to carve like that! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seriously in love with this one ! You've outdone yourself !!! oxox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts