A Weekend, a Bit of a DIY and Some Watercoloring...

Rainy Weekend in the Mountains

Four days spent entirely alone is good for the body and soul. At first I felt a twinge of guilt. Okay, I never felt a twinge of guilt. I read a lot. Rarely changed from my pajamas and rationalized that a lot of dessert can be balanced out with an equal amount of salad. (Have you used this, too?)

Stump to table: Part One

I began the long, drawn out, very technical process of turning two stumps into tables. Search for your future tables in the pile of stumps being careful to find the desired height. Very important - this stump should be fairly level. (After all, one does not want one's drink to topple.)

Some folks may want to sand the top and bottom of the stump. They also may want to remove the bark. Not me. Aside from thoroughly brushing away dirt and other clingy things, this stump is good to go in my book.

Stump to Table

Step one: coat both the top and bottom of your stump with a conditioning wood oil to make it pretty (and, I'm assuming, to condition the wood). You may need to repeat this step if wood is particularly thirsty. Ours was, so I repeated this step several times for both the top and bottom.

Then...
Wait 72 hours for step two. I was unaware of this fact due to the wine I consumed the first (and second) evening thereby beginning this project the day before leaving. As a result, step two will take place in the not too distant future.

When I return to the mountains.

Before I consume wine. 

Maybe not.

I also...

Watercolors via Instagram

Painted, had hot tea, popcorn, cheesecake, tiramisu, crab cakes and salad. (Pics via Instagram)




Comments

  1. Sounds like you had lots of fun and why not, I'm totally jealous I would love to have 4 days to myself and your menu was perfect, lol :) Cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an absolutely perfect four days.
    So glad you enjoyed it, Lori, and I really look forward to seeing your stump table when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A weekend spent in pajamas sounds like a great weekend to me LOL. I am not ashamed to admit that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's wrong with me? I don't like running around in my pj's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess that's what makes you unique, Deb! Me, I can be a jammy girl. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts