52 Weeks of Print: 18/52

52 Weeks of Print: 18/52

Whew! Just sliding in under the radar this week. So, rather than my usual lino carving for week 18, I decided to try out this techniqueI would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to try out screen printing.

52 Weeks of Print: 18/52

I found a beautiful photo of black cohosh and, with its simple lines, I knew it was the ideal candidate for this project. As you can see from the image above, my screen went all loosie goosie after being rinsed but I can assure you it was perfectly taut while printing. 

52 Weeks of Print: 18/52

52 Weeks of Print: 18/52

I see a pretty little tea towel on the horizon.

52 Weeks of Print
Week 18 - Black Cohosh Screenprint

Tools: embroidery hoop, fine mesh nylon fabric, screen drawing fluid, screen filler, credit card, fabric ink, paintbrush, screen printing tape, hair dryer (to speed up the process)

Click here to see weeks 1-17 or follow along on my 52 Weeks of Print Pinterest board.

Thanks so much for visiting and have a great weekend!


Comments

  1. Oh I see you've used Jenny's tutorial ! How great ! I hope you have let her know, I know she'd be very happy to know ! And your result is awesome, I LOVE this design you've chosen, so organic & natural, I really like it ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia! Yes, I did shoot an email with a link over to Jenny. Hope she finds it worthy. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so beautifully unique, Lori.
    I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm really regretting never having found the time to join in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts