inspiration for thrifting and living...

thrifted porcelain enameled bowls

If you follow along on Instagram you may have seen my thrifting jackpot from yesterday as the excitement and patience were very hard to control. I found a set of three enameled porcelain bowls. Aren't they adorable? 

Thrifted Porcelain Enameled Bowls

Recycled Magazine Jackpot

Why a photo of periodicals? I hit the holy grail yesterday. Nineteen current magazines for $1.90. Yes, I nearly lost it. Came home and found it very difficult to tear myself away to move on with the rest of my day. How does this work and can you do this as well? Quite possibly...

Suggest to your local branch that they set aside a shelf or back room for donated books and magazines which they will then sell (ours are $.10 each) It's a win/win for everyone involved (including a little tax deduction for you when you donate).

And for a little inspiration...

Mountain Retreat

Three things:

a) click to see a beautiful array of art smart walls
b) a DIY on how to make these ethereal linen shades and
c) I need this chair. need it.

Any great thrifting scores lately? Do tell...
And have a perfectly lovely, warm weekend.


Comments

  1. We HAD that very same chair hanging in our bedroom in our condo at Wintergreen about 30 years ago! Best recent score thrifting - gorgeous vintage, never been used (by all appearances) sheets and pillowcases from the 70s or early 80s. I am going to use them to make a picnic quilt (or maybe a summer quilt for my bed). I am anxious to cut them up and do some mindless piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sheets sound gorgeous! And what a great plan. AND I am jealous about the chair. It does look a little 70's, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You scored huge with those magazines, Lori, and I just love those little bows.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bowls were quite a find..they look to be in perfect shape which is unusual. When I find ones like that they look they have gone through the dishwasher one too many times.

    Last week I found a Krups ice cream machine for $4.00..hehe. The Mister and I made some plain vanilla last Sunday...Yum! :)

    Have a happy weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts