my sketchbook: breathing and balancing...

Breathe

Breathe

Breathe

Breathe

Breathe

Breathe

Breathe

This initial pencil sketch was shown here almost one year ago, February 5, 2013, and I'm just getting back to adding a little color. It was finished on a long car ride. Do you go back to projects long past?

I struggle so much with making time to be creative just for the fun of it (or the therapy of it!). And I'm not talking about pinning or work that just happens to involve some element of creativity. I'm talking real creative time, whether it's writing, doodling, or painting.

Do you struggle with this also? Where to you find slivers of time?


Comments

  1. I struggle with this too. I actually have the time...I just don't make the time for art. I also struggle with doing art just for the love of doing art instead of thinking of the finished product and what I should do with it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...I love the "Breathe" artwork! Good for you for finishing an older project, those can be difficult to return to - your finished piece was well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I struggle so much with creative time...your beautiful work inspires me to get started! What a great idea to do this while traveling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The detail in your work never ceases to amaze me, Lori.
    This one is just superb!
    On finding time...over the years (it took too long), I learned that unless I actually schedule these times, they don't happen. It took a while to realize that it was "ok" to do this, but I'm really glad I did, otherwise everything else would still be taking priority.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts