from the mountains and the notion of unplugging...

from the mountains

from the mountains

from the mountains

from the mountains

The busy-ness of the season and life keeps me from writing daily and I look forward to the new year, once life slows and regains its normal pace. But then I think, does life ever really slow? Really? 

Images from our trip yesterday to what I'm hoping will become our place of quiet very soon. Things are progressing well and we need to pass one more property line hurdle. Once that's checked off the list, then it's a certainty. Right now we hold our breath, dream and plan. (can you tell that Sophie approves?)

And speaking of dreaming...the notion of quiet. We're playing with the idea of NOT having wi-fi at said quiet cabin - maybe a hot spot for short bursts of online-ness - maybe. No home phone. (honestly, who needs a home phone now-a-days anyway?) No cable. Just quiet...working outside on projects, reading, painting, sketching...reading some more.

Could you imagine? Could we really do it?

What do you think? Could you unplug?


Comments

  1. Oh my so lovely it would be nice to go back years and mot have the whole internet craziness - how much more I got done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More things done? Definitely! However, I will probably be making frequent trips to the coffee shop. Hey, I'm a dreamer and a realist. But it will be blissful to have it NOT staring me in the face 24/7 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely place and awesome photo of Sophie! And YES,...there's times when I love to unplug and go back to simpler times of being present w/myself, those around me and my surroundings. It is nice to see gorgeous pics on Pinterest now and then though,....FB, Blogs and other things I could do w/out!! LOL!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who needs distractions with a place like that...dreamy! And, like you said above, one always needs to make a trip to the coffee shop! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can do that =) and I must can do that. Just like now, I refuse to use car or motorcycle, so everywhere I use public transportation. It's all about our idealism right...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I would just love to unplug and spend some time just enjoying peace and quiet and do something creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may need to be wired. It used to be that reception was very spotty in the Asheville area because of the mountains so your hot spot may not be an option. Things may have changed or you may have the perfect location. I cut my cable more than a year ago and do not miss it but I would sorely miss my internet connection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my God, that would be so incredible, oh the peace, oh the bliss. I would love it. Generally I'm not tied to my computer or my smart phone too much, so I don't think I would have a problem un-plugging, I think my boyfriend would though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks KJ. We're inclined to "endeavor" that if our hotspot doesn't work, we'll go sans internet and hope we survive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts