focus on life: from where i stand

have a lovely
What a great topic. It can be interpreted in so many ways, literally and figuratively. This week I'm literal.

Sometimes I ask the question, "how is this photo staged?" and "what's outside of the camera's lens?" I did another post on this very topic here and it got some great responses - seems I'm not the only one asking this question. Staging is so important - that and cropping.

I'm such a digressor - digresser? - I digress.


In the spirit of this week's Focus on Life topic, staging and what's outside of MY lens...from where I stand...

focus on life: from where i stand
pulled back

have a lovely
up close
(let's face it - active cropping is the facelift of photography, don't you think?)

focus on life: from where i stand
and pulled back. a la kitchen faucet and paper towels.

Additionally...

have a lovely

have a lovely

Have a lovely weekend, my friends.
And be sure to look beyond the camera's lens.

* Participating in the Focus on Life series *

Follow on Bloglovin





Comments

  1. What a wonderful post, Lori, and I always, always love seeing your artwork here.
    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa - you have a great weekend, too.

      Delete
  2. That's a lovely flower! Your romm loooks very comfortable too, and much neater than my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely art as usual. I can color in the lines... but I can't really draw at all. Love your very clean kitchen, I can never get mine to look like that or even stay like that....and what a cozy chair....someplace to sit and read...Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful take on the prompt! Any thoughts on doing more Water Color 101 classes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beti! Actually, I've been thinking of doing another Watercolor 101 installment but I've yet to choose a topic. Anything you'd like to see covered? Just give me a shout.

      Delete
  5. I love those photos. So by staging, you mean neatening up your room first, yes? Ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Actually, I don't have little ones anymore so it doesn't get as bad as it used to. However...did you click on the link to the first post on this subject??? I shot in my studio and it wasn't very neat to say the least. :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos and always enjoy your gorgeous painitngs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much like a painting...and I give a goatling. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and photos Lori!! You have a lovely weekend too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love "cropping" .. but then I love to see the fine details .. and you are the queen of details!! wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so talented! Love stopping by here, I always get a good feeling. And yes, cropping is key! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts