fruit & nut granola

Fruit & Nut Granola

I tried. Jumped onto and quickly leapt off the greek yogurt bandwagon. And I really must be missing something because it's thick, sour creamish taste and texture quickly ranked right up there in the "I'll do a lot of things but not that" category.

Then. I tried this Fruit & Nut Granola. The clouds parted and I swear I heard a hallelujah chorus.

almond cranberry granola

So freaking delicious that I had to hide it from everyone else. Deep in the nooks and crannies and scary corners of our pantry.

I now eagerly consume greek yogurt and purchase the ingredients in bulk.

Fruit & Nut Granola

1 cup roasted sunflower seeds
1 cup shredded coconut
2 cups old fashion oats
1-1 1/2 cup slivered almonds
handful of cup dried cranberries (about 3/4 - 1cup)
toss in other dried fruit. I add chopped apricots and diced dried plums
nonstick cooking spray
2/3 cup honey
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
pinch of salt
2/3 cup unsalted butter

Preheat the oven to 300F. All all of the nuts and coconut and heat until it very lightly browns. (Usually when I begin to smell the nuts.) Remove from the oven, cool and add to a large bowl.

In a small saucepan, combine the honey, brown sugar, butter and salt over medium heat. Cook and stir until the brown sugar  dissolves. Allow to cool a bit.

Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture and stir until combined. Spread the mixture onto the generously sprayed baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes.

After 15 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle the cranberries on to of the granola. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until it turns toasty brown. Let cool completely.

Store in an airtight container.


Comments

  1. If you say so. . .This recipe sounds delicious, but I'm not sure that it can make greek yogurt edible. Let me take that back, I do use Greek yogurt often. . . as a sour cream replacement. I may have to give it another try with this recipe. Now are you eating PLAIN Greek yogurt or some kind of flavored yogurt? I just need to know so I can enjoy it like you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, this looks so yummy, Lori!
    Thank you for sharing the recipe here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope, flavored! No way could I eat the straight stuff except as a sour cream substitute. Doctored up with granola it's quite delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE greek yogurt! And, I love granola! I will definetly be giving this recipe a try...it looks absolutely yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Went directly onto my Cook This pinterest board! Gathering up the ingredients to make it this weekend for sure. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts