art and a "new" book

IMG_0437e

IMG_0418c

Interesting quote, don't you think? And notice the curves on that leaf! Talk about inspiring - mother nature is quite the artist.

I haven't shown you any thrifting scores lately, probably because I'm trying not to be a spendy girl. Anyway, I was out this week (trying not to be a spendy girl) and happened upon this book, The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. After previously downloading a sample from Amazon, I was in love. The full version was on my wish list so I was elated to find it for $1.50 while thrifting. Score!

Have you read it? Heart wrenching and at the same time, laugh out loud hilarious - stories narrated by Enzo, the pup who believes that he will be reborn in his second life as a human with, finally, opposable thumbs. You must check this out.


Comments

  1. i haven't read this book, but i LOVE the title. we are, indeed, inseparable from nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that book! A have a friend who is reading it right now, but he does not want to read the ending. I'm trying to encourage him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tip Lori! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was fortunate enough to hear the author, Garth Stein speak at a Book and Author luncheon! He is one entertaining man. I am just starting his newly release book A Sudden Light.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts