a recipe in which the title is too long to use here

studio waterstone recipe
But first, allow me to begin by asking that you please overlook my image.  Try as I might, food photography is not my forte. (I'm pretty sure you have to have a special gift for that) Anyway...

The Chipotle Burrito Bowl - my new obsession. Have you had it? The layers of goodness beginning with that lime and cilantro infused rice. Just yum. 

Last night we decided to have chicken fajitas, which I make from scratch because a certain someone is a gluten free daughter. The marinade has lime juice and therein, my friend, begins the sordid tale of my serendipitously, deliciously yet unsuccessful attempt at recreating a Chipotle Burrito Bowl.  

And I must say that we were more than pleased with the end result - even though it, in no real way, resembled the original.  Here's what we did.

Ingredients:
chicken tenderloins - about 1 lb.
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced

marinade:
3 tbs. canola oil
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbs. lime juice
1 tsp. chili powder
salt & pepper

canned, seasoned black beans
boxed spanish rice (we used this & yes, I know about the sodium level)
NOTE: I have since found this copycat recipe for the lime rice.
sour cream
shredded cheese
shredded lettuce
guacamole
crispy nachos - cause they're perfect with this

Cook your rice according to the package directions.
Heat the black beans.

Combine the marinade in a shallow dish, add the chicken and allow to sit (refrigerated) for at least 10 minutes.  Cook the chicken in the oil over medium heat until done and remove.  Add the onion and peppers to the remaining oil.  Slice the chicken and add back to the vegetable mix.  Cook until the veggies are crisp tender.

To build your bowl, layer excessively.
First add your rice, then the black beans, then fajita mixture
cheese, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, you get the picture.
Enjoy with your chips and marvel at this stay at home one dish wonder.  sort of.

but not really.





Comments

  1. Thanks for the recipes! I love the Chipotle Burrito bowl,but I think we'll have the fajitas tonight for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fab. I love just about anything with lime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love burrito bowls at chipolte. Their guacomole is the best! I have the recipe for their lime rice - got it off the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I must get that recipe for the rice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks yum! I have only been to Chipotle once and that was ages ago. My college kid lives on it, I think! BTW, he is heading to ATL for a jazz conference w/his school after the 1st of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts