a box, some linen, and a sewing machine
If you're a regular reader, you know how I love this wooden box. I've blogged about it here and here. Now I'm going to let you in on a little secret which, when you see the next image, will not come as much of a surprise.
It's very clearly homemade from inexpensive boards and plywood. Over it's lifetime, we've changed out the legs so that it could serve as a:
sofa table, buffet, television stand, bookcase...
photography backdrop...
In the new house, we added the shorter set of legs and yesterday I made a simple linen cover to disguise its...homemade-ness.
And now, it's just plain pretty
with storage underneath.
Toddlers and their beloved cardboard boxes have nothing on me.
And as for the house...
we're getting there cheaply and slowly - but surely.
Now it looks.....simply great!
ReplyDeleteLooks great to me- home made is always the best!
ReplyDeleteI love pieces like that..they grow with you and adapt, like a really loyal friend. xo
ReplyDeleteWow, that looks great! And you can even change the cover if you want to.
ReplyDelete