studios, road trips, and things that beg

What a weekend!  My sweetie came home and we hosted an impromptu dinner on Saturday - smoked boston butt.  Ever experienced that?  Oh my.  You really should.  It's an all-day thing and SO worth it.

Today I head northward to Ohio with plans to settle said sweetie and myself into an new (old) house, focus on my art a little more, and hopefully a little website tweaking.  

IMG_0663 - Version 2

Here's a not very good iPhone image of the sweetie and me relaxing - something we're really good at these days. (sorry for the image quality)

Now.  A peek into the studio.  

studio waterstone
I found a woven leather purse which begged to be deconstructed.  What to do with all of those weathered leather strips???  Beats me.  But I know something will pop up eventually.  Suggestions?

studio waterstone
Sweet clutches which beg to be finished.  And I'm trying to finish all leather pieces before my next road trip since the ten ton industrial machine doesn't fit into my sedan.

studio waterstone

studio waterstone
I was able to finish a new group of iPad cases which are begging to be added to the shop.  This will happen as soon as I reach Cincinnati and sit and B R E A T H E. 

If I were a begging, er...betting woman, I'd say it will happen within the next couple of days.

So, how was your weekend?


Comments

  1. I think it's a great photo!! You two make a really handsome couple :))) Excited to hear about your house plans...I know it is a lot of work and can be stressful but I'm sure it will be quite wonderful once you are all settled.

    This weekend I actually got to be with my son for a few days. He just returned from a 4 month cruise in the Bahamas with his very close friend and her young daughter. They docked the boat in the slip right next to us. He just left Saturday to get his own boat which has been in a boatyard about three hours from us (Central Florida). All that to say I was a bit depressed as soon as he left and went to Goodwill for a bit and scored 2 bags of tangled jewelry!!! Took it home and had fun going through it! It will make a ton of wire art seahorses! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Have a great time putting your new (old) home together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a cute couple! I am so happy for you that you have found a spot to settle in to with your Mr. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That 's a lovely happy photo of the two of you.
    Good luck with the move ...and the update.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot of the two of you. Glad it was a good weekend. :) Drive carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smoked boston butt - makes my mouth water just to think about it. Lord, I miss good barbeque!
    I spent most of the weekend painting furniture and having a great time of it. We used Annie Sloan chalk paint and that stuff is fantastic! One pic is up on the blog but I have not taken a photo of the second piece which looks absolutely gorgeous. Glad you had both a relaxing AND productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, so is it finally moving time? No more living in two different states at once? Glad to hear you found a house.

    Ironically, the friend I told you about before who was in a similar situation just moved to Atlanta area last week - it's really too bad you two are switching places - you would have liked her!

    Good luck with the traveling and moving.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sue, I wish! Nope, I'm still splitting my time between Atlanta and Cincinnati - I just have two locations now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you have been working up a storm.. everything looks beautiful!

    ..... breathe deep .........♦

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful picture of you and your husband! I cannot imagine how hard it would be to split my time between two places! As was commented above, BREATHE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts