from the studio

After a serious de-cluttering and cleaning session, my studio is beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Thought I'd show you around a bit. Function is the name of the game here.

studio waterstone blog


shelfcollage
My dad was an artist-wannabe. But alas, an engineer he was and the only evidence of this desire is this lovely paint-by-number painting which is dear to my heart and sits atop the new storage case. Someday I'll frame it.


IMG_1855


IMG_1857
the Juki - a.k.a. the monster


IMG_1796


IMG_1793
This is as clutter free as the worktable gets - neat stacks. My worktable is made from a HEAVY wooden door. The Plyler fellas built the base which includes a large bottom shelf. I've tacked a kingsize sheet around the outer perimeter to hide the ugly.


basketcollage
Stacks of leather and baskets of my homemade patterns. There is no way to make this shelf look nice.
I've tried. It doesn't work.


IMG_1806


IMG_1809
My clip holder (a great way to use the kids art)


IMG_1789
possibly a backpack? still haven't decided


IMG_1791
a future leather bag - one of two I have slated


IMG_1805
playing with leather patchwork


IMG_1804
iPad cutouts


IMG_1799
under the table - scrap basket and another basket of recycled structural pieces

That's it! A work in progress - always.


Comments

  1. It is inspiring to me to see the bright and cheerful place where you create your magic. I love the light that is coming through and the bright colors you have sprinkled throughout. Makes me itch to clear off my clutter and get a new handle on things. I am looking for a cubby type case that I can fit under part of my desk. Right now what I have just isn't working. Thanks for sharing. (And you know I have my eye on that bomber jacket to be made into a purse!)
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing us around your creative place. My husband is a musician and, I am told creative people NEED to be cluttered or it messes with their creativity?? I am not so sure... my 2 daughters are very creative (one and interior designer & the other a dancer) but both are tidy freaks.
    I LOVE that machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great work space!I can't wait to get one of my own. I'm sharing the living room with everyone else.. Thanks for showing us around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing other people's studios! It's always a work in progress and cluttered at best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW busy bee over there!

    You just had to do the whole close up thing of the JUKI. I'm swooning over here. Someday I will locate one in my price range, till then I think I'll make yours my screen saver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fantastic. I love seeing getting a tour of someone else's studio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the sneak peak into your studio. Heavy duty door for a table, and kid art holder were great. (i currently have about 6 paperclip/thumbtack holders)
    Your work in progress pictures of leather and fabric leave me wanting to blow the dust off my own sewing machine.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your studio, it is very inspiring! Thank you for the tour. The natural light is fantastic. I enjoyed all of the little details too, especially the sneak peek at handbags to be? I also like your white cube organizer. I have the same one in espresso. I could use a few more of them! I am still organizing my studio, don't have all my beads and findings in place but I did get my work table set up. If nothing else, I needed it in place to work on pieces for this weeks blog hops. I did take some before pictures (quite scary) and will post photos once it is completely set up.

    Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how bright & light your space is! and clean! are you back to sewing? how is you arm?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous studio Lori! I'm glad you are getting back to it. The painting - wow, so special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your work space! I also love your new header - it's all spiffed up around here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts