loveliness and comfort

Just returned this afternoon from my parent's house. My sister, Anne, and I worked from Monday through Wednesday to clean and stage. Visiting with my sister and her hubby was wonderful and the time spent in my former home brought both comfort and wonderful memories.

In the end, the house looked so beautiful that I briefly thought we should take pictures to send to Mom and Dad! We both laughed and then Anne said that she liked to imagine that they would drop in for a little visit - a nice thought, so we decided to stick with that.

Now, I have several "new" things to show you.

studio waterstone blog

First, I found this Jo Totes camera bag while thrifting! Fuh real! It was truly a "double-take, then grab" moment. Fellow thrifters (and camera buffs) will most certainly relate.

studio waterstone blog

It's in perfect condition inside with all of the padding and the long strap included.

studio waterstone blog

While in North Carolina, I hit my favorite fabric store and found lots of amazing remnants. I am so freaking in love with these patterns and colors.

studio waterstone blog


studio waterstone blog


studio waterstone blog

Beautiful things from Mom's. She loved to entertain.

studio waterstone blog


studio waterstone blog


So good to be back. Enjoy your Friday!


Comments

  1. You are the luckiest thing in the finds you score when thrifting! LOVE that you found such an awesome camera bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That camera bag was meant to be with you Miss Lori! Score! And those patterns are so rich. I hope that one of them will end up in a bag that I intend to find in your shop this coming year ;-)

    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow a Jo Totes bag -- I asked for one of these from Santa this year.. but alas Santa must of lost Jo's contact number. ;-/
    great colour too !
    You've inspired me to go looking today for bargains.
    Jennie. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, that is one amazing find, I am in love with that camera bag and can see you snatching it up. You always find such great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of your Jo Totes bag! You have the greatest thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green bag is lovely, i'd love to have one such for myself.



    http://www.rachelspassion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad sorting out your Mom's things was a positive experience for you. Can't wait to see what you turn those fabrics into.

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I absolutely adore all of your finds (I collect glassware - so cool that it is from your Mom!), I am thrilled that you found comfort while at your Mom's house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds - Love the camera bag ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe that you found that bag while thrifting! You are so lucky. I'm glad that your trip went well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome finds! So very jealous of your new thrifty camera bag...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your finds are fantastic. I'm glad you and your sister found some peace at your Mom's house. I lost my mom when I was only 3,..I can't imagine loosing her as an adult - so my heart goes out to you because I know it hasn't been easy.
    It's lovely the things you have from her and from your childhood - memories are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantabulous bag find, that color is one of my favorites- lucky girl! I just don't think that the thrift stores in So Cal have much in the way to offer...I never stumble across things that need to come home with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want whatever you make with that Ikat!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that blue print fabric! Is your fave fabric shop by chance off of exit 64 on Interstate 40?! Love that place. I went for the first time last week and plan on going back next month to get some new foam cushions cut for my sofa. Please share your favority fabric shop if this isn't the one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Miss Lori
    These are just fab! I have been thinking about thrifting my thrift addiction. But to no avail! And those fabric remnants really remind me of India!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts