earth shattering, life or death kind of questions

studio waterstone

My mother passed away in January of this year after a brief illness.  About two weeks later I had a "dream"  and from that experience, I knew one thing for sure.  This was my defining moment.

Defining moments. We've all had them.

I've found several definitions:
  • The instant a small event changes your life.
  • An event, action, or decision that results in a significant change for a person, institution, or community, country, or world.
  • A point at which the essential nature or character of a person, group, etc., is revealed or identified.
Wow.  Pretty serious stuff.  I would think that sometimes we experience defining moments and they change our lives and sometimes we go through the experiences only to remain stuck.

Looking over the past year, and more importantly toward the upcoming year, I'll ask this week's earth shattering, life or death kind of question.    



What was the most defining moment in your life during this past year?



Comments

  1. My wonderful mother passed away at the end of June, and five weeks later my young nephew was killed in a motorcycle accident. I've always thought I was a weak person, but I found out I'm stronger than I realized. Now that's not to say I don't feel pain, sadness, and sometimes anger, but really I thought I would need medication and counseling from all this. Being a devout Christian, my strength came not from my own self, but from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on the phone with my daughter's college asking for a refund because they had promised her gluten-free food in the dining hall and she was coming home and making freezer meals and reheating them in her dorm room because they were not keeping their promise. The college rep was blaming us for the problem. I knew right then that I had to keep blogging and writing and advocating for kids with celiac disease and gluten intolerance so they wouldn't face the same problem. The next week I had three articles published on the National Celiac Awareness Foundation site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a chance and sent in some of my 'simple truths' charms to an editor just to show her what I was working on. Little did I know that they would end up being selected to appear in the Beads 2011 issue! Now my path is more defined thanks to that spontaneous decision.

    Enjoy the day, Miss Lori!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. After months and months of deliberation and planning, we made the decision for me to leave the corporate workforce. And a nice paycheck. It felt like climbing up the first hill on a roller coaster as we sucked in our breaths and closed our eyes and our stomachs dropped. I am now building a new career from the ground up, which is exciting. But the best part is spending every afternoon with my kids. We are three months past that roller coaster ride and LOVING every minute of this new life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most defining moment of this year for me was Match Day (St. Patrick's Day this year) when my husband got his program match for intern year and residency.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My most defining moment actually happend this past Friday. The thing I had an inkling about was brought home and the decision has been made to move on. Now I am seriously looking into putting one of my goals into play. I just have to wait and see if it plays out. When one door closes another door opens.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts