reaching the epitome of suckitude

For me, it was never a journey - I was at the top of that mountain from the very beginning. And yet, I'm pretty sure that I'll never come down. The epitome of suckitude, once accepted, can actually be a comfy place. Join me?

IMG_9992
I suck at making Autumn Butternut Squash & Apple Soup. But that's another story for another day. Today we're focusing on seriously reaching the epitome of suckitude.

The dreaded newsletter
You know, that tab over in my right sidebar? With the best of intentions I accumulate poor souls who think they'll receive news and shop updates. But they never do. Some people actually register over and over. I should send them a newsletter telling them that I suck at sending newsletters...but I probably won't.*

So, in the spirit of suckitude, Wednesday's Earth Shattering, Life or Death Kind of Question is:

Have you reached the epitome of suckitude in one area of your business or life?
And have you grown to accept this as a fact that will possibly never change?
Are you completely at peace? I kinda am.


*If you are one of the sad souls who never receives a newsletter from me, I'll give you a little tip. The best way to get the most current shop information is to join me on Facebook.
And this was no advertisement. I really DO suck at newsletters.


Comments

  1. Trust me, we've all been there, done that!!
    Only the very brave admit to it! :-) :-)
    Have a wonderful evening and a great Wednesday Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, narrowing it down to just one thing of suckitude is kind of hard to do. I indeed have collected some people on an email newsletter list and have never, ever sent a newletter. Never. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just had to grin at this one Lori! You don't have enough room in the comment section for me to list all those things. I'm not at peace with a lot of them, and some of them I am. Finally, totally at peace that I'm not the "outdoorsey" type of person, even though so many of my friends are. Still not at peace with my rate of follow through. Very glad people love me in spite of it! Blessings, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, you are so not alone in suckitude! I keep losing followers on facebook because I keep it up in fits and spurts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't think of it as suckitude...think of it as an organically developing process...in which you realize you suck at sending newsletters! LOL....I've been down many paths but I have learned to accept those and let it go. Funny, I just added an email list - I've only had one subscriber! So, yeah, I just suck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA! I have the same suckitude! I started a push for a newsletter back in May... did it twice as far as I can recall. I really suck at housework. And I am okay with that. Because dust will keep coming back but the moments with those I love or time spent creating never will.

    I suck royally at Jell-O. I cannot make the stuff. It always turns to some sort of goo.

    And measuring. Me and math have a bad history. And my estimating is worse. So I am frequently found with pieces of wire that were not just right, or a couch that wouldn't go down the stairs (and then subsequently wouldn't come up when we moved!) and mac and cheese that my kids won't eat, all because I refuse to measure. But I am okay with that too.

    Thanks for letting me air my suckiest moments for the world to bear witness to!

    Enjoy the day.
    Erin
    P.S. Shop update. Woop! I will be on the prowl! Oh, and I should say that doing shop updates is another suckitude area. I have like 100 things to list but no time to list them! I wish that there was an easier way...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sucked at my newsletters, too - that's why I don't have them anymore!

    The other suckitude stuff would be getting my butt in gear and actually designing stuff each day, checking off the 'to-do' list all that's still on there, organizing my time and using it wisely.

    Really, you shouldn't have asked!! LOL!! :)

    Can't wait for the shop update. The two clutches I have from you are very similar - different colors but with this same really cool leather and fringe - love them both so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pretty good at sending newsletters, but I suck at getting people to read them. I'm lucky to get half of the people on the list to open the message. I do pretty well through Facebook and a few other venues so I haven't been sweating it too much, but it's a little frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I suck at making the time to sit down and make jewelry. Then I suck more at making the time to photograph it and list it. I think I need to just stop doing jewelry. And you should remove that newsletter link. Let's remove these suckitude paths from our lives, arm in arm.

    And yes, we need to get together for lunch next week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts