are you a blogger blogger? did you know...

...that you can easily go in and change not only your template, but your layout and blog width? It's amazingly simple to do.

To give you a safety net, first go to your "design page", then "edit HTML", then click on "download full template". There, you're safe.

Now, click on the "design tab" > "template designer" and you'll see a page similar to the one shown below. Choose a template. I chose "Simple". Click the "apply to blog" button in the upper right corner.

Screen shot 2011-09-26 at 4.12.37 PM

Next, you'll click on "layout" and, as shown below, you'll have the ability to choose between eight blog layouts. You can even choose your footer layout. Once you've made your choices, click "apply to blog" again. (See how easy this is?)

Screen shot 2011-09-26 at 4.15.00 PM

Now it's time to choose your width. First, decide on the width of the "entire blog" by moving the scrollbar. You can see I adjusted my test blog to a width of 1150px. I've chosen 210 for my left sidebar and 150 for my right sidebar. The only thing you need to do is pay attention to how your existing sidebar items fit your new format.

Screen shot 2011-09-26 at 4.15.46 PM

Once you've chosen, click "apply to blog" once again. You're done! Enjoy your new design.

Screen shot 2011-09-26 at 4.18.19 PM

Once you've done these things you may want to adjust the width of your blog banner to fit your new design. If so, click here for a previous tutorial on adjusting your blog header width.

Problems or questions? Give me a shout in the comment section.


I participate:

Comments

  1. Wow! thank you so much! I didn't know that. I'm adding this to my to do list! Hopefully by the end of the week? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for helping some of us out.
    You are soooo sweet to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blogger for the reason that you can change template, header, and lay out any time you want.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts