behind the scenes

I read an interesting article this week written by Amy over at Ponder & Stitch called “When you see a photo like this in my shop...”. In her post, Amy showed us a photograph of one of her products. She pulled back and then she pulled back even more.

studio waterstone handbags

I thought that I would show you the same with my handbags. As you can see, the first picture is the finished product. Pull back and you see what it takes to get this shot.

studio waterstone handbags

studio waterstone handbags

This just goes to show that you don't need fancy props and backdrops to photograph well. Simply find wonderful natural light, a neutral background with very little distraction and you're good to go.

studio waterstone handbags

my fancy props

studio waterstone handbags

studio waterstone handbags

And by the way, this post was written using my new voice activated software from Dragon Dictate. No typing required. Hallelujah!

So, what's your secret?

Hoping you have an inspired week.


Comments

  1. Great post and isn't it so weird to tell it to type something and it does.
    My phone does voice texting. I have to laugh at some of the words it messes up but gotta love technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Gumby watching over the whole photo shoot, the behind-the-scenes look and the new banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew....I thought I was the only one faking my background. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Love seeing behind the scenes to clear my brain a bit… Can't beat natural daylight! So happy the voice typing is working for you - let that arm heal...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the Gumby assist also Kelley. Hope you are feeling better Lori. Reading your blog I am familiar, and envious, of your energy, so I am sure this mandatory rest is not easy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cool post! Reminds me of the tape and safety pins they use for dresses on the runway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelley and Anne, Gumby is my constant companion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol!! this is AWESOME- I'm so glad you decided to do a post like mine. It's so interesting to see things like this, and it's great to know I'm not the only one using totally un-fancy props! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this as I am working to improve my product photography. Is that fabric as your backdrop? Canvas?

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's heavy artist's canvas that I keep on a roll. Super easy to store and roll out when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fun post! I've been known to use kleenex boxes and coke bottles under lace for a prop! I'm intrigued by this voice activated software!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Somehow it makes those shops that seem 'Ultra Professional, seemingly out of reach of the little guy' very down to earth and human :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post.
    I use no professional props as well and behind my scene there is often a pepper mill, an oil bottle, sometimes a biscuits can... After all we make our pieces out of creativity, why should we use the same creativity to present them?

    Ambra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the shots....I have to laugh at some of the things i have cropped out of my photos.
    ....and voice activated? Super cool.
    Hope your arm is getting better.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lori - lovely to hear you so chirpy - glad the voice activator is working for you!
    Great post - very interesting ....

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL - It's funny now that I've had to do my own photography I always look at other photos with an eye toward what's actully being used! great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts