i made some bread, not the monetary kind either

studio waterstone

Really! I'm so not a baker. My model is. She asked Santa for a Kitchenaid stand mixer when she was 10. Since then I've only used it once - for mashed potatoes. Here's the skinny. We had these frozen apples and Mr. W threatened to toss them out if I didn't do something. So I did something. I made applesauce cranberry bread. Really!

studio waterstone

But first, join me and the Soph-monster for our daily walk.

studio waterstone

studio waterstone

studio waterstone

studio waterstone

Discovered baby blackberries right next to the house. YES!

studio waterstone

Sophie cornered a frog.

studio waterstone

It was the one that got away.

studio waterstone

studio waterstone

Oh well. Life goes on.

studio waterstone

studio waterstone

About that bread...

I found the recipe here, but changed it a bit. Here's my version.

Ingredients

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
  • 2 cups applesauce
  • 1 cup raisins (optional) (I substituted Craisins)
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup sour cream

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
  2. Beat together eggs, sugar, and oil. Blend in applesauce, and then sour cream or buttermilk. Mix in flour, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon. Stir in raisins. Pour batter into prepared pans.
  3. Bake for 80 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
*****


It was delish. I'm proud. Nobody got sick.

I shall have it for breakfast tomorrow.

And for my afternoon snack.


And evening snack.


Anybody know of a good diet?



Comments

  1. It looks delicious...good job!! Thanks for taking us on the walk. Your berries are so early, ours haven't even flowered yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy lookin bread!!!! I always have to smile at Sophie's antics... she is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bread...now you've started something.. there is no turning back I hope you know, it looks delicious.
    You look like you live in a beautiful place, gorgeous river etc.. lucky you.
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bread looks yummy! Sophie looks like she had a great time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenni, We just have a small neighborhood pond close to the house. Thank goodness they've mowed around it lately and now we have a wonderful shady path.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks good enough to eat off the screen : ) I have never tried apple bread - one for the book mark!

    I shared a focacia recipe recently on my blog. I adore bread : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting hungry now! That does look so good! What a great place you can go to or is that your property? Gads I miss my fathers land and my property. Ach well maybe who knows I shall have land again? But for now its zoom zoom zomm in Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious!! Another photo perfect for a cooking magazine! Sour cream!!?? How interesting... will have to try this a little modified for less fat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well ya know, Mary, I did think of the fat thing. But I so rarely bake that it was kind of a "what the heck" moment for me. :) (It does have low fat sour cream. does that count?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness...it does look scrumptious! And your photos are just incredible - I just love the photos of Sophie! We have a yellow lab and as soon as she can see water she makes a bee-line straight for it! Mudpuddles, Lakes, Rivers, Swimming pools - you name it, she's there! Lovely post - Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts