it's a wrap: studio saturday


I was wondering how hard it would be, after recent events and the inevitable after effects, to get back into the mode of creating new things. I felt sure that my head would be in such a fog that I couldn't work. But I knew that if I didn't force myself to move soon, things could only get worse. So I did and after a couple of days of piddling around something clicked.

The bags shown below were made this week and will be added to the shop (finally!) Friday night. I will add links as I add items.


studio waterstone recycled leather handbags
studio waterstone recycled leather handbags
~SOLD~ Recycled Brown Leather Fold-over Clutch


studio waterstone recycled leather handbags
The last of my recycled graphite cashmere. I'm in love with this bag.
Notice the leather strap and inside lining?


studio waterstone recycled leather handbags
studio waterstone recycled leather handbags
Recycled Distressed Leather Handbag
Notice the little bird applique.

Okay, that's my week. Care to add yours?
Comment and give me a link to your weekly wrap-up.


Have a great weekend sweet friends and for goodness sakes...

...don't sweat the small stuff!


Comments

  1. I seriously need to win Lotto so I can buy all of them! They are all great Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you pushing youself forward in this difficult time. I'm sure that these beautiful pieces that you are creating right now are bitter sweet..My favorite is the last one with the bird applique, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, I'm going to have to fight you for that Lottery ticket...it's got my name on it!

    Lori, what wonderful work you've done this week. Congratulations on getting back into your grove (not that it really went anywhere...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all beautiful! Love that red... gorgeous! You've got it goin' on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls! It's always surprising when Friday rolls around - especially when I spent most of Monday and Tuesday standing in one spot looking around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just think you are unbelievably prolific and talented. You make me feel like a slug! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every one is more beautiful than the previous. I am so in love with the red one, but I think my dear H would kill me if I bought another handbag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all beautiful! The grey cashmere one especially. And I love the top/dress that your model is wearing, looks really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and here's a link to my weekly wrap-up: http://www.ulvdesign.com/2011/01/28/round-up-week-4/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Julia! Heading over to take a peek now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bags are as beautiful as ever! Glad to see you haven't lost a beat in the creativity dept. You always have great comments from your blogger friends... almost lost my coffee reading sMac Thoughts!! my sentiments exactly!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, they are gorgeous. I bet it felt good to harness your creativity again. Your work is so beautiful. I have a quilt wrap-up since that is what I have been mostly creating this January. http://maidenjane.blogspot.com/2011/01/t-shirt-quilts-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creations Lori...I think it speaks volumes of you and your character to keep moving forward. I imagine creating is quite comforting to you.
    I love the first picture. The DOF is perfect. I think more pics like that would be great for your shop....
    Keep on pushing on...
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Andrea. You're absolutely right - creating art in ANY FORM is so incredibly therapeutic. Put me in a chair with stuff in front of me and this girl is a happy little camper. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts