it's a wrap: studio saturday


If you asked me what I did this week, I may look like a deer caught in the headlights. We're continuing our "Where are we going to live next year? and What are we going to do next year? and Where will our children go to school next year?" adventure. That's been a little mind boggling. It's stressful but I know that it will work out.

Thinking back, however, I can scare up a couple of things. First and happily, I did ALL of my Christmas shopping on Tuesday. Yay! And we learned how to play with photo backgrounds on Tuesday.

I made this for a sweet friend who just got a new camera and somewhere in the midst of the sewing debacle I swore off ever making another camera case. Those little suckers are THICK! Here's the initial sketch...

Photobucket


Photobucket
The Materials - Dark Gray Recycled Cashmere & a Recycled Leather Belt


Photobucket
Finished. I really like the weathered belt.


Photobucket
This thing has enough velcro to...well, it's got a lot of velcro.


Photobucket


*****

Photobucket
[ embroidered recycled sweater clutch ]


Photobucket
[ recycled wool clutch ]

*****

and FINALLY...

Photobucket

I'm excited to begin a new weekly series on December 30th called Featuring Studio Spaces. FSS will include not only pictures of the artist's space but discussions about how the space works for them, some of their favorite storage tricks, various interesting/unusual storage work spaces, and what having their own space means to them creatively.

Featuring Studio Spaces will even be open to artists who have a space problem and are looking for suggestions from readers. More importantly, these spaces don't have to be magazine worthy! We're talking real creative spaces for real people.

Can you tell that I'm excited? Have you considered submitting your workspace?
Currently we're accepting submissions for mid to late January. If you're intrigued...
click that little link in the sidebar that says "contact lori" and let's talk!

*****

That's my week. How was yours?



Comments

  1. what what what!? where you gonna live next year, what are you talking about?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, my friend as usual. Oh, and Wilmington, NC is da bomb....just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flowers as usual! I can't wait to see the studios how fun : )

    Happy Friday, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with those continuing discussions and keeping the students on board with the decisions. I saw pics of that camera bag earlier today and was thinking to myself "hmmm, I wonder if she could make one large enough for mine...." I spose I now know the answer would be negatory.

    Congrats on finishing your shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I love to peek into another's studio ... it's certainly better than peeking into mine ... it's such a mess right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the camera bag, sweet! Good luck on the decision making of where to live, I know that can be so stressful! Congrats on finishing your shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts