studio waterstone: a tutorial & a recipe


Imagine my panic. I grab a Studio Waterstone label to sew into a new handbag and what do I discover? Only five labels left! It's the third week of November and I only have five labels! So, so not good.

What do you do with lemons? Why, you make lemonade, right?

Tutorial: Making Labels and Other Goodies with Printable Fabric
What's that? YES! Printable fabric.

studio waterstone tutorials

You can get this on a roll or a pack of 8.5 x 11 sheets.
I went for the roll.

Using Word, I went to the "label" project and created my label.
I then cut an 11" long sheet from my roll of fabric
and printed it out using my regular inkjet printer.

studio waterstone tutorials

*Tip: go ahead and pull the backing from the fabric because it ravels just a bit.
This will prevent raveling on each label.

studio waterstone tutorials

After the labels are cut, I go around the edges a little with Fray Check.

studio waterstone tutorials

It was a a little more work, but much more cost effective and I actually like these labels better!

I got so excited with my printable fabric...

studio waterstone tutorials

...that I made a shopping bag for my friend, Lynn, who will be visiting for Thanksgiving.
Want to guess what we'll be doing on Black Friday?

With this printable fabric, you are only limited by your imagination.


********

Now, totally unrelated but nevertheless extremely delicious:


Gluten Free Cornbread Dressing

*Note*
This recipe is converted from our family dressing recipe.
It can very easily be converted back to non-gluten free.

studio waterstone recipe gluten free cornbread dressing

One batch each of:
Gluten Free Buttermilk Biscuits from Food.com
Cornbread from Bob's Red Mill GF Cornbread Mix
(make this one day before you make the dressing)

Saute one diced onion & an equal amount of celery in butter.

Crumble the cornbread and biscuits into a large bowl. Add the onion and celery.
Add sage to taste (Be careful. A little goes a long way!)
Add one can of gluten free cream of chicken soup
and gluten free chicken broth. (You'll want VERY moist dough-y consistency)

We prefer to spread it thin onto a cookie sheet which has about a 1.5" side.
(more crunchy goodness)
Bake at 350 degrees until it's golden brown on top.

Enjoy!

P.S. Have you seen the new giveaway?
Don't miss out!


Comments

  1. HA! you are going to be doing the same thing I am going to be doing this Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inventive, great labels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be great for the kids clothes! Is it waterproof??? I could go crazy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip, they look so professional and I love that bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to try the labels - something that's been on my list for a long time. Where did you get the fabric? I checked at Joanns the other day and they didn't have much to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cool! What a great solution. Where do you find the printable fabric?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts