knowing then what you know now


waterstone eco recycled leather handbags & accessories by lori plyler

We have all been there.

Where?

In the know, or lack there of. Unfortunately "the know" came a little late, right? The know is a special, wise, learned place which only comes with age and experience. When we were 15, 16, 18, 21, just think how much easier our lives would have been if we only knew.

So today's thought is (and I could write a novel on this topic)...


If I had only known ___________________.


I'll go first and let me preface this by saying that shallow is okay.
Deep is okay. Whatever floats your boat and comes to mind is...

okay.

If I had only known...
that they really DO eventually give up their blankies and pacifiers. Seriously, how many thirty year old men have you seen walking around with a pacifier? Don't answer that.

Deep thought?

If I had only known...
that, like the scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz, I really DO have a brain.


Okay, think deep thoughts. Think shallow thoughts. Just think.

Your turn.

If I had only known _________________.


Comments

  1. that I really could be strong and bold and stand up for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been more respectful to my mother as a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have taken that fantastic job faraway !

    ReplyDelete
  4. that I was in line to become a crisis manager, I would have moved to a different line

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would of *really listened to my parents better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. not to mix my drinks in high school (I thought it meant let someone else make the drinks...I really am a bright girl...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...that it was important to wash my face and brush my teeth as a child.

    ...that I really could be anything that I wanted.

    ....that I didn't need someone else's permission to follow my dreams.

    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. More of a wish: That I found my 50 year old confidence when I was in my 20 year old body.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...That putting the lid on my bottle of water WILL prevent it from spilling in my bag and ruining my camera...


    ...That it is okay to quit your prestigious job and move to another country to study whatever you dreamed of all your life is okay... I would have moved to Italy to study art some time ago...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts