at 2:30 I cry, "what the what???"


waterstone eco friendly recycled leather handbags and accessories by lori plyler

I sit here with the cat and dog, who by the way are thrilled to death that someone emerged from the closed door of the bedroom to feed them at 4:45 a.m., only because I fruitlessly tried to get just a little more shut eye at 3:00, 3:30, 3:45... Tell me, please. What the heck? Eh, you don't have to tell me. Hormones, baby. Middle-aged hormones.

Sleep is a funny thing. When we're teens, we easily sleep until noon. As we get older, we rise for our work or our babies or both. My thinking is that before it's over, I'll be going to sleep at 6:00 and waking at 2:00. Hey, at least it's a decent eight, right?

Maybe at this point I should just go with the flow. Get up after I wake at 2:30 feeling refreshed and thinking, before I glance at the clock, "Hey! I slept all night!".

A decent eight has turned into a decent four.

So that's my rant for today.


What's yours?



Comments

  1. I too was up before the birds (4:00 a.m.) I'd like to think creative thoughts were waking me up, but I have to admit it might be those middle age mones nudging me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't have a rant yet, but it is early, give me time :)
    I am in the same boat. I can't go to sleep because the brain is going and then I get up at 3:45am to 4:00am, every morning for the past six months. The cats love it because I feed them early. I do go and lay back down because I refuse to be up before the alarm goes off at 5:30am.
    I guess you could say that is a rant, but I still have the whole day ahead!
    Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing...try some Ambien or Lunesta (& then send me some too...lol)! I can't really complain because after months of not sleeping well I've slept 5 nights in a row! hmm...I hope I didn't just jinx myself! Prayers for a good nights sleep for you...or at least a decent afternoon nap :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I'm thinking afternoon nap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the last few weeks I have been on your schedule waking at 4:15 and can not get back to sleep...it is so frustrating. Such a common thing with women, but knowing we are not alone does not help, I need my sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain, menopause is not for the weak of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My alarm goes off at 4:30 but I always seem to wake 45 minutes before that. I do enjoy sleeping in on the weekends, but between my wife (her honey-doo list) or both of my dogs who are jumping on my chest (“I want my treat, NOW”), sleeping late is an exception to the rule.

    It is good to see the dog without the COS on. (cone of shame-at least that is what my dog calls it).

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was beautiful what you did for Rachel today. So inspiring! I sent one too, I hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts