a new summer tote from waterstone


While on my trip this week, I picked up a few beautiful pieces of fabric for summer totes so getting back to the Waterstone studio today was at the top of my list. I was able to complete and photograph this first tote today. I'm in love with this fabric and knew immediately which recycled leather I would use.

waterstone lori plyler recycled handbags & jewelry

waterstone lori plyler recycled handbags & jewelry

waterstone lori plyler recycled handbags & jewelry

The recycled leather handles, font pocket and flower came from a great, weathered Coach bag I'd gotten my hands on recently. The inside green cotton lining seems to complement it pretty well.

I don't know about you but I absolutely love having a handbag with both black and brown. Maybe it was because I was brought up to think that accessories need to match, but I seem to have some sort of psychological hang up in that department. We're working to correct that. At any rate, I love the tan and black fabric with the brown leather.

Today's question...

Do you think about mixing black and brown or gold and silver when putting your daily outfits together?

Or am I the only one who was possibly irreversibly brainwashed in teenage finishing school?

until tomorrow,





Comments

  1. Love reading your blogs. Thanks! I'm "old school", so to speak, when not mixing brown and black and gold and silver. Getting away from that notion. Love this tote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that green interior!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS BAG !!! Very nice mix of brown and black. I too get disgusted at the limits of "everything matching" . It's nice to have a bag that goes with both and does double duty. Love that fabric too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe...yes. Brainwashing is in full effect! ~Moags (Laura)

    PS - Beautiful bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I'm diggin the green interior!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tote is beautiful and the leather looks so soft. The fabric is gorgeous!

    I used to feel that I couldn't mix silver and gold (but never had that problem with black and brown), but then the rebel in me told me to stop thinking of what is and isn't allowed according to the style police...and nowadays I mix and match whatever I like!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts