fabulous enchiladas and margaritas


Today, I'm going to show you three things I love. The first is a fabulous enchilada recipe I got years ago from my friend, Judi. This recipe has since been passed along many times over because it's not only delicious but very easy to prepare.

Chicken (or Beef) Enchiladas

cooked and shredded chicken or beef (*see note - it's that important)
corn (or flour) tortillas
green enchilada sauce for chicken (although I prefer red)
or
red enchilada sauce for beef (either sauce is the 14-15 oz. can)
small can of diced green chiles
shredded monterey jack cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Pour a little sauce in the bottom of a baking dish to cover. Brown the tortillas slightly then dip one side into the sauce. In a bowl, combine chiles (reserve a little to go on the top), beef or chicken, cheese, and add a spoonful inside of the dipped side of the tortilla. Fold into a pocket and add to baking dish. When all enchiladas are filled, top with sauce, cheese, and chiles. Bake until the cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through.

*Note*
You can use fresh chicken or beef. However when I got the original recipe, it said that you could use canned white meat chicken or canned roast beef and, honestly, the canned version works better. I've actually carried the entire recipe on vacation to put together later and it was fabulous.


Jeff's Margaritas
(I wub these)

1/3 tequila
1/3 jose cuervo margarita mix
1/3 orange juice
salt to rim your glass

Shake it up and enjoy on the rocks.

______________

What else? A beautiful treasury from Spotted Fish featuring my reclaimed suede tote.
Check it out.

waterstone lori plyler artisan recycled bags and jewelry

Happy Cinco de Mayo!


Comments

  1. i needed this new recipe.
    thanks for sharing.
    i actually stuck some frozen chicken in the crockpot this morning and didn.t know what to do with it by dinner time...
    now
    i
    do
    !
    thanks.
    fun blog you have!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done the OJ in the margarita thing - it's almost Friday I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh enchiladas and margaritas! Now thats holiday food for me. I think I might have to pretend the sun is out and get my margarita on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great recipes, love enchiladas!
    and the treasury is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummm, this recipe sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm hungry! sounds great :) susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog is just delightful,
    and i love the pretty imagery in each post.
    tis quite uplifting!
    thank-you so much for sharing your loveliness with the world!
    have fun being wonderful!
    x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts