pretty new {recycled} things


I've spent the past couple of days cutting and sewing and playing and, well, just have a look for yourself. Three pretty new things - all created using reclaimed, recycled materials right down to the zippers!

The first is made with a super thick leather. I decided to play up the rugged feel of the leather by leaving the inside simple. The pull is made from turquoise and the applique is made from reclaimed sweater, leather, and a beautiful rosebud print from a little girl's Laura Ashley dress.

Photobucket

The second is made using an extremely soft, weathered leather jacket. I created a focal point with the front pocket of the jacket (which becomes a great purse pocket!). A bouquet of flowers is spilling from the pocket - even the leather flowers are reclaimed leather.

Photobucket

The last is a LARGE clutch made from the same leather, using pleating and flowers for interest. It's also super soft and large enough to tuck a folded magazine inside.

Photobucket


Comments

  1. Those are all so awesome. You never cease to amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori! Oh my...how fabulous your new creations are! I love the first photo of the zippered pouch. Everything about it is so neat - esp the turquoise pull and sweet flower detail!

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just spent the past two hours reading the pioneer woman's blog. The love story part, I am totally hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, what great items! LOVE the cluch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, I love the reclaimed leather flowers! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lori . such beautiful work here . they do look so soft, recycled is a big plus!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts