monday's recipe: chicken fajitas


gluten free chicken fajita recipe

Since we're a gluten-free family, we like to make our own seasoning mixes. We do it out of necessity, but if you think about it the foods that we CAN'T have are actually the pre-mixed, packaged foods which are normally high in sodium, preservatives, etc. So, even though it's necessity, it's a healthier way to eat. This chicken fajita recipe is one of our staples. It's fast, easy, and you probably already have the ingredients in your pantry - added bonus! Enjoy Monday's recipe.

Chicken (or Steak) Fajitas

1 package chicken tenderloins (approx. 1 lb)
3 tbs. canola oil
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbs. lime juice
1 tsp. chili powder
salt & pepper

1 large onion and green pepper, sliced thinly
1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
salsa
sour cream
tortillas
(we use corn because they're gluten free, but flour tortillas are easier to fold)

Using a gallon sized bag, combine the lime juice, oil, chili powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
Add the chicken turning to coat. Let stand for at least 10 minutes, a bit longer if possible for more flavor. On medium-high heat, add the chicken, green pepper, and onion. Saute until the chicken is done. (I usually slice the chicken a couple of times after cooking and add back to the pan.) In a microwave, heat tortillas between two damp paper towels for 30 seconds. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!


Comments

  1. Great party idea :) I linked up my School Night Lasagna because I just love it so much (could it be because my kids actually EAT it??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I gotta find out if that linky tool thing will work on my blogs! (all hosted at wordpress) very cool!

    And your recipe sounds so good, I think it might be dinner tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Thank you for the recipe...I am so craving those chicken fajitas right now! Please check out my blog, I am bringing you some sunshine with an award!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts