in honor of earth day

Earth Friendly DIY Wednesday went off without a hitch. The only thing we didn't have was success, so I'm not so sure it'll be back next Wednesday. I do, however, want to give a big thank you to Eco Friendly Freckles who showed us how she creates such beautiful decoupaged canisters using repurposed materials. Have a look.

Photobucket



Happy Earth Day! If you haven't already, think of making a commitment, starting today, to protect our earth. It could be as simple as recycling. Do you throw away your magazines? Most libraries collect them as donations (tax write-off) and resell them for about .10 - .20. Now that's a deal and you're doing something good. Click to see my other earth friendly idea.

Now it's your turn. Comment, giving me (and everyone else) an earth-friendly tip.

Hoping you have beautiful weather to enjoy this wonderful place we live.

P.S. You may be interested in my "Tip of the Day" here.




Comments

  1. I couldn't get over here in time for your party - darn kids and their needs :)

    I love the cork board and that arrow is the best thing I've seen all week! I'd love to make it, but it would never turn out the same :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pile of mags under my sofa, now I know what to do with them!! We recycle all our newspapers, hopefully we'll get facilities soon for glass and plastic and all the other wasted 'stuff'... and I'm starting to do my own compost for the garden... great post, love those canisters :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up on DIY Wednesday. Give it a few weeks. I would have posted but I didn't have anything that I've done recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Earth day to you too! I love yur corkboard, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you can use the tip, Anne. I LOVE going to the library and picking up magazines. I usually take home as many as I bring (blush).

    And Amie, maybe so. I thought about that. I'll have to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second the don't give up yet, comments! Some of us are a little slow......lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey.. found your blog as part of lady bloggers tea party.. i love your pics. new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the wonderful feature of my upcycled art in honor of Earth Day! Yes, please don't give up on Earth Friendly DIY Wednesday...it is a great idea! Thank you everyone for the complements! ;-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts