glimpses of turquoise


Photobucket

Getting there. In honor of my "new" buffet I'm showing glimpses of turquoise today. As you can see, I've only managed to paint the bottom minus the drawers up to this point and I haven't distressed it either. But I did manage to get the hubs and son to carry it up from the basement last week to have a look - after promising that I would obsessively use the vacuum to clear the dust. Since we've had the gloomy, rainy weather I wasn't able to get a shot showing the depth of the turquoise color. Anyway - I'm loving what we've got so far. Updates to follow.

In the meantime and in honor of turquoise. Enjoy these.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All images and products (except for the first) can be found at Anthropologie.com


Comments

  1. It'll be beautiful. A lovely neat job. How about not distressing it and letting time's distress take its course?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mise, I thought the exact thing when I saw it freshly painted. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The buffet is beautiful! It looks like a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. was it a painted buffet before? I have a buffet I've been temped to paint but I know it's verboten by some to paint over hardwood. It's just not my style the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fantastic! I love the turquoise color you chose! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little D - I'm sorry, should have put a link to my original post. It's up now. But to answer your question, it was stained brown and really scratched. Click on the link to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful piece, lovely turquoise items. It's fun working on furniture, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your buffet. What a great blog you have. Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite color! Thanks for sharing - what a great collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's a divine colour ~ love your finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful buffet, and a lot of hard work too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh love the new buffet table!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's gorgeous, and lovely items as well .... I love turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the reinforcements! I was so hesitant about painting a piece of furniture turquoise. Never stepped out of my box to that extent. But I must say, it rocks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts