Blackened Chicken with Pancetta

Oh my. I am not the best cook in the world. Ask anybody. But last night, I stretched my culinary horizons and tried to create this dish that my husband loves. Not that I'm bragging, but I got back-pats from my entire family - which is saying something. Now mind you, this is not fancy or difficult or impressive, but it was REALLY good!

Blackened Chicken with Pancetta

Ingredients:
1 lb boneless chicken
Blackened seasoning
Vodka sauce
Pancetta (one pkg, about 1/4 lb?)
Fresh parmesan

Pound out your boneless chicken to around 1/2"
Coat the chicken with olive oil, then sprinkle with this:
1 tsp. each of: paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tsp. each of: salt, thyme, oregano

Slice pancetta into about 1/4" x 2" slices and brown. Remove, then cook the blackened chicken. Remove and cover to keep warm.

You can make homemade Vodka sauce, but I used Bertolli (which I found is gluten-free.) Add the entire jar to the drippings and add in around half of the pancetta and some shredded parmesan cheese.

While you're doing this, cook the pasta.
(I cooked a separate pot of gluten-free pasta)

Slice the chicken into strips.

Because we have one gluten-free family member, we layer the ingredients finishing with more freshly shredded parmesan cheese and the rest of the crispy pancetta. Oh my gosh, maybe my standards are low, but this was pretty good. I wish I had a picture, but by the time this thought occurred to me, dinner was over.


Comments

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts