my sketchbook: modern calligraphy...

My Sketchbook: Modern Calligraphy

My Sketchbook: Modern Calligraphy

My Sketchbook: Modern Calligraphy

My Sketchbook: Modern Calligraphy

Lots of spring items on the agenda, now that I've been unchained. And I don't know about you, but my hand is 100% more steady in the afternoon/evening. It's the ideal time for sketching and writing a.k.a. modern calligraphy - a recipe for relaxation and meditation for me. I suppose it's similar to zentangles. (Do you zentangle? If so, am I correct?) I'm working on sidebar art, kind of like the "well hello".

To-do list for when the brain is in full working order:
• commissioned work
• springtime bags for the shop
• new art and cards for the art shop

Can. Not. Wait to get going on these. (I'm still feeling a little like a free woman.)

Enjoy your weekend! I'll be seeing a couple of friends. How about you?


Comments

  1. I have Zentangled!! Like you, I am "better" a bit later in the day, and I think it is quite simple that I usually "hit the ground running" both literally and figuratively most days. There's always much more to get done earlier in the day, and I am not good at moving on to other things, til it's done.

    My new obsession? Handbinding (books). It is surely a challenge, but I love it. It is what I will be doing this weekend, as spring is not coming to NY any time soon. :-(

    Have a wonderful weekend, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy your very beautiful flow of calligraphy Lori, always have and your colourful artwork. I have tried ZIA (Zentangled Inspired Art) a few years ago and very much found it meditative. It came at a time in my life when I'd lost my husband after 43 years marriage.Turning my focus to the intricacy of the penned lines and the thought process involved with it was very healing distraction.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts