diy easy recycled cuff with endless possibilities

studio waterstone diy tutorial

Okay, so you know how I just LOVE to take things apart? Things like leather handbags and jackets? Many times when deconstructing handbags, I end up with something like the picture shown above.

studio waterstone diy tutorial

It's the inside zipper and surrounding finished leather. Of course, I reuse the zipper. But those little leather thingies really perplexed me. Until now...

studio waterstone diy tutorial

Hmm.....

studio waterstone diy tutorial

Punch or drill two holes in each end.
The edges are already perforated from the original stitching.

studio waterstone diy tutorial

Take leather or ribbon - about 15 inches long-ish.

studio waterstone diy tutorial

Thread it through the back of one side and lay the other end on top to bring the leather through.
OR...bring it through the back of both sides, side-by-side, and to the front. Then tie the leather.

studio waterstone diy tutorial

Ta-da. Easy or what? Just imagine what you could add into the perforated holes?
charms, stones, beads. You could use nicer leather and add beads to the tie ends.
The possibilities are endless.

Hope you were inspired.

Pin It


***

I participate:



Comments

  1. Haha! That's evil genius stuff - you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I need to find me some clothing to tear apart... haha. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is true creativity! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you use the technical names, like leather thingy. And the cuff? Pure genious. I LOVE the way your mind works!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you dearie. Sometimes it's a little scary rattling around inside this head - seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so so great!!!!
    my son and i just made him a leather bracelet just by cutting an old belt up...and we were super happy with it
    this is amazing and i'm totally inspired by it!!!
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...you are so darn clever!!

    janet xox
    http:/theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. now that's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you find a use for every little piece! Inspiring, for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing stuff! You're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are ever brimming with Ideas and goodie stuff! That is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cool! I have lots of pieces and parts from purses!!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool. I just bought a leather punch...I can't wait to try this one..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

Popular Posts